Full Stack Software Engineer: Internal Tools at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
The Product team offers a rare opportunity to work on key company initiatives from building consumer mobile apps/websites, customer support systems, payment systems, user acquisitions. You will enjoy working with one of the richest social e-commerce data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products on a regular basis. Our engineers move extremely fast, while solving unusual and challenging problems. Our team is small and nimble. We release new code daily to ensure that engineers are able to iterate quickly, and make an impact immediately. They work on building features from the database level to the client facing apps. We cultivate an environment for smart, driven engineers to thrive.
We are looking for a passionate engineer to make an impact at Wish by engineering next generation customer support tools. This role is ideal for someone who enjoys engineering complex systems, taking ownership over projects and building features at all levels of the stack. This role demands a high level of cross functional team communications and deeper engineering knowledge. The person should be a good full stack engineer with hands-on experience on both frontend and backend technologies. This specific role demands 60-70% backend technology experience.
Not located in the Seattle or San Francisco areas? We are also open to remote work for the US and Canada.
What you'll be doing:
- Have a critical role in building and maintaining different internal tools systems like Customer support ticketing systems, Customer Support Chatbot, Fraud tools, Quality Assurance, Translation, Admin tools etc. to name a few.
- Manage all technical aspects of relationships with different stakeholders and take ownership of the implementations
- Work with Product Managers, Data Analyst, Designers, QA etc. teams to take any project from inception to completion
- Own tracking and reporting data pipelines for internal tools related projects.
- Be on top of the Translation pipeline, CS metrics and continuously enhance the system in the process of improving the efficiency of dependent systems.
- Self-motivated, relentlessly focused on impact, and able to operate under a great deal of independence
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience and strong passion for building global websites and applications
- Strong understanding of the engineering stack, and how each piece fits into the whole
- Proficient in at least one of the popular programming language such as Python, Java or Go
- Working knowledge in React, Redux and modern web development
- Bonus: Experience working with Microservices
- Bonus: Experience working on consumer facing applications
- Bonus: Experience with A/B testing
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.