Head of Autonomy
DoorDash Labs is an independent team within DoorDash. We explore robotics and automation to transform last mile logistics in the long term. If you have a passion for applying robotics solutions in a service used by millions of people, we want to talk to you!
We’re hiring software engineering leaders who know how bring vehicle autonomy software to life. DoorDash Labs is developing autonomous delivery technology for our large (and rapidly growing) delivery marketplace. In this role, you’ll lead a software team (and work with a hardware team) to iteratively increase the level of autonomy in our vehicle.
This role reports directly to our co-founder.
What You’ll Achieve
- Lead a team of engineers bringing up all components necessary for autonomous driving
- Collaborate with hardware engineering to create an integrated system, including sensor/compute selection and integration
- Drive roadmap of autonomy software, setting milestones, building the team, and working with internal/external partners
- Strong CS fundamentals (via academic or industry experience)
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- 2+ years experience leading software engineering teams
- Expertise in vehicle autonomy
- Experience shipping a working robotics or autonomy system
Nice To Haves
- PhD / research experience in vehicle autonomy or machine learning
- Industrial automation experience shipping safety-critical software
- Startup experience
- Experience with ROS
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 850 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash...
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.