InfoSec, Security Operations at Chime
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. and facilitating over 5M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge hidden fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables them to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
As the Security Operations Lead, you will begin a multi-year buildout of a Security Incident & Event Management, Security Operations Centre, and Cyber Response Capability for Chime. Being experienced in Security Incident & Event Collection, you will understand the signals, sensors, and events that a security operations centre would want and need. You will consult with relevant teams on their needs, while simultaneously building the SIEM funnel from sensors & events to qualified alerts. Being experienced in Security Operations, you will develop an alert triage capability & runbooks. Being experienced in Digital Forensics / Incident Response / Cyber Operations, you will refine the existing security incident response capability. You will start as the sole member of the team (modulo vendor staff augmentation), and therefore be building the system and processes that you will want to use.
- Build out a log management & analysis capability
- Perform all ongoing security monitoring (network security, CloudTrail, etc)
- Build out a SIEM to fuse logs with IoCs and Threat Intel feeds
- Be, build, and eventually manage the entire Security Operations Center to triage alerts and report incidents
- Own Endpoint Detection and Response, and other security operations-focused tools
- Be, build, and eventually manage the entire Cyber Operation Center to perform Digital Forensics & Incident Response
- Develop KPIs and KRIs for Chime Security Operations
- Perform regular reporting & metrics
- 1+ year experience with log management & analysis
- 1+ year experience with security event collection, filtering, indexing, analysis, correlation & alerting
- 1+ year using at least one SIEM product (preferably multiple products)
- 1+ year experience in or managing security operations, working security alerts and incidents
- Comprehensive understanding of alerts and signals useful for SecOps staff
- 1+ year in AWS
- 1+ year of some combination of:
- Digital Forensics experience
- Incident Response experience
- Blue Team experience
- Threat Hunting experience
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, with medical and dental benefits.
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.