Integration Engineer at Vicarious
| East Bay
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:38 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, March 31, 2021
Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission.
The System Integration (SI) team at Vicarious is at the intersection of hardware and software for our robotic systems. Each member of the team has specific specialities that make up a unique and agile squad.
What you'll do
- Debug robotic cell issues - be able to trace error to hardware or software origin and troubleshoot
- Ensure engineering compliance with all customer and/or other relevant specifications
- Ensure company awareness to specifications; quickly learn and implement new and emerging technologies
- Build integrated solutions that apply our technology toward specific application verticals.
- Integrate our hardware into our existing software platform.
We are looking for a person who specializes in one or more of the following:
- KUKA / Industrial robots
- Industrial robot commissioning
- Debugging error messages and understanding robot communication architecture
- Resolving communication issues with PLC and other industrial communication protocols
- Familiarity with setting up Profinet and EthernetIP
- PLC / controls debugging
- Familiarity with one or more industrial protocols:Ethernet TCP/IP, Modbus TCP/IP, Profinet, Modbus RTU, EtherNet/IP
- Experience with C programming
- Worked alongside a controls engineer in debugging and applying existing PLC code for specific automation applications
- Comfortable understanding PLC code and the architecture of a control system
- Experience with AutoCAD/AutoCAD Electrical
Who you are
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree (B.S.E.E./B.S.C/B.S.M.E.) and 5 years of related experience and/or training, or have equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of general robotics and automated systems, material handling, machine tending, additive applications (glue, sealer), and robotic assembly cells.
- Experienced with debugging, physical hardware, actuators, and sensors (cameras, safety sensors, etc.)
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.
Read Full Job Description