KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to impact and improve every facet of a trillion-dollar industry that touches everyone’s lives. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront and named a Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020.About the Role:
As a Lead Electrical Engineer, you will report to the Director of Electrical Engineering and will be a key member of the electrical team. Both a technologist and a leader, the successful candidate will lead, train, develop and continue to hire the best talent in the industry, while leading large projects from concept to successful execution.
The ideal candidate will be a leader by example, promoting positive company culture and fostering transparency throughout the organization. This person approaches problems with insight and creativity in equal measure, never accepting solutions that compromise values or quality as an option. They treat everyone as a peer and understand that listening is as imperative to effective communication as speaking.
An engineering manager will have a knack for prioritization, be driven by data and quantifiable metrics, and will emphasize developing people within the team.
As an Electrical Engineering Manager, you will have an amazing opportunity to shape the way we develop our products as well as develop the team. We are looking for candidates with a solid hardware development background and hands-on experience in developing complex systems to join our team. This role is ideal for an engineer who is a strong, independent worker ready to take on new challenges, and eager to work with cutting edge technology.What You'll Do:
- Lead a team of individual contributors and take responsibility for their growth and success while maintaining a positive team dynamic and culture, supporting team level objectives as well as individual
- Design, operate, and maintain lab space, and derive technical specifications based on product level requirements, and own architecture selection, electrical design, and validation
- Work with the supply chain team to vet supply chain and production partners, and work with the embedded software and firmware teams for device bring up and testing, while also working closely with SW/FW, ME and QA leads
- Validate design through functional verification, signal characterization, power modeling/test, and system coexistence testing, and define and review factory test requirements and travel on-site to the manufacturer to ensure the design is built and tested successfully
- Research technologies and scope development opportunities, and communicate cross-functionally to deliver a successful product to market
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering or a related technical field, and 5+ years of related industry experience
- Proven leadership experience senior or lead engineer, and proven experience building products for harsh environments
- Experience with eCAD tools and with embedded systems, processor and key component selection, various communication protocols (especially USB, SPI, I2C, CAN, UART, and Ethernet), analog design, sensor design, low power design, high power design, and various RF technologies
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification and manufacturing support, along with the ability to be hands-on in the lab and wanting to be in the details (soldering, oscilloscopes, data acquisition)
- Knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals, including the ability to design and verify circuits in the analog domain, and experience taking products from concept to full product release; in the automotive field is a plus
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.