Lead, Software Developer, Solutions Games at Unity
We are the Accelerate Solutions Games team, a group of highly skilled Software Development and Tech Art Consultants with deep expertise in the Unity platform. We are looking for someone to lead and build a team passionate about lending their proven industry experience and technical expertise to help elevate our gambling customer projects to the next level of fidelity and performance.
As an Engineering Lead, you'll be tasked with ensuring the success of critical projects, helping develop product strategy, and growing your team's careers. Your day-to-day will also have you working closely with our Business Development team to assess and field new business opportunities in the gambling sector. Learn and partner with other industry veterans to work on critical performance-sensitive components that demonstrate Unity engineering excellence.
This role might involve occasional travel to customers’ offices and other Unity offices, primarily within North America. Travel will generally not exceed 5 nights per month and is usually conducted during weekdays.
If you're a customer-focused, technically skilled leader with excellent communication skills, this job is for you!
What you’ll be doing
- Drive technical projects, providing leadership in a fast-paced environment
- Work directly with our gambling customers to analyze their projects and workflows, then provide them with targeted technical guidance
- Deliver high-quality code components to enable our partners and customers to be successful
- Help further the team's technical skills and careers, and ensure they have everything they need
- Champion developer feedback to help positively impact the future of Unity
What we’re looking for
- Technical leadership and people management experience
- Hands-on experience as a developer building interactive RT3D applications (games, simulations, visual effects, etc.) using C++ or C#
- Experience leading technical projects and delivering on ambitious goals
- Deep knowledge of engineering processes with large scale systems design experience
- Proficient in written and spoken English, and able to communicate ideas and technical knowledge clearly
You might also have
- Experience using Unity to develop games or commercial software
- Familiarity with the technical challenges typically faced by gambling studios
- Knowledge of rendering, graphics, networking, profiling, or low-level performance
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.