Lead Software Engineer - Full Stack
We are currently building dynamic engineering teams in San Francisco, CA, Santa Clara, CA and Salt Lake City, UT. Come join us!
Earnest empowers people with the financial capital to live better lives
We're an accomplished team of design, math, finance and technology geeks who believe consumer lending can be radically improved and are doing something about it. We created a company that combines data science, streamlined design, and technology to:
- Build products that simplify the lending process,
- Provide them to more people, and
- Engage with our customers through more human experiences.
As a Lead Engineer at Earnest you’ll provide technical direction and build the software that is revolutionizing consumer lending, automating the loan approval process and orchestrating the transfer of billions of dollars. In addition to the $3+ billion in loans serviced, we build tools to maximize Earnest's growth while providing the best possible client experience. Our focus is on building a modern platform that allows us to move faster over time. This means a willingness to rethink domains from first principles and an ability to collaborate well across technical and non-technical teams.
In this role, you will:
- Create architecture plans and present them to the engineering team
- Mentor and provide guidance on best practices to team members
- Launch new features such as an integration with strategic partners, acceleration of loan funding, integration of data science and machine learning models to automate loan decisions
- Work with Product Managers on priorities with team
At Earnest, we use Node.js and TypeScript on the server-side. On the front-end we use React/Redux for building new things and Angular for everything else. We deploy services in Docker and Kubernetes on AWS. We integrate with other internal microservices (written in Node.js and Scala) and store the bulk of our data in Postgres and Amazon S3.
Ideal background and expertise:
- 6+ years of professional development experience
- Experience with server-side concepts, e.g. microservices, database, caching, performance, monitoring and scalability
- Extensive experience with modern Node.js preferred
- Professional experience in React/Redux desirable
- Relevant data modeling experience and integration with databases such as PostgresSQL
- Experience working in Fintech, Banking, or related Consumer Financial Services companies is a plus
Earnest Perks & Benefits:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Tuition reimbursement program
- $1000 flight on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world and 25 days of annual PTO
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, genetics, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.