Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission.
Vicarious develops industry-leading modular, adaptable robotic systems for assembly, kitting, palletizing, and more. The mission of this role is to own the solution design at the system level of unique Client System robotic solutions from pre-sales concept work through detailed engineering execution and delivery.
You will work closely with the other Hardware Team leads to understand our product catalog and capabilities, as well as partnering with the Sales team to get a detailed understanding of client requirements. As an early member of the Robotic Solutions Design team, you will create processes and practices to be followed for each client as we scale up over the next few years. Key processes include line simulations, floor plans and layouts, client system BOMs, system risk assessments, documentation and client transfer. You will be at the forefront of fitting Vicarious products into useful configurations for our clients, and as such you will play a key role in identifying issues and helping us tailor our product offerings to user needs.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in engineering, operations, and industrial automation, as well as a keen desire to take part in building a new team and a scalable operational system.
What you'll do
- Be primary engineering contact for client system designs, taking part in site visits, installation operations, and transition activities
- Work with Deployment Ops team to create and update project deployment plans
- Create custom layouts and BOMs for client systems, both in pre-sales concept phase and post-contract development phase
- Collaborate with Mechanical, Controls, System Integration and Product teams to propose future development projects, product module upgrades and enhancements as well as work on design of any customer-specific custom accessories
- Be an active member of a startup environment, with an all-hands-on-deck attitude as we grow the HW and Operations teams.
Who you are
- Earned Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering or other related field
- Have 7+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experienced designing robotic systems, warehouse automation, or complex machinery
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of robotic systems, controls, and warehouse facilities
- Experienced with CAD design tools such as Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD
- Experienced with product development lifecycle management and change orders
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent communicator and well organized
- Knowledgable of industrial robotics standards
Nice to have's
- Experience working with Visual Components, Process Simulate or other robotic simulation software
- Familiarity with ROS and Gazebo / Ignition
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.
Read Full Job Description