Manager, Engineering - Product Web (Post-purchase CX) at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
The Product team offers a rare opportunity to work on key company initiatives from building consumer mobile apps/websites, customer support systems, payment systems, user acquisitions. You will enjoy working with one of the richest social e-commerce data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products on a regular basis. Our engineers move extremely fast, while solving unusual and challenging problems. Our team is small and nimble. We release new code daily to ensure that engineers are able to iterate quickly, and make an impact immediately. We work on building features from the database level to the client facing apps. We cultivate an environment for smart, driven engineers to thrive.
We are looking for a Manager, Engineering to lead some of our exceptional team members and be a key driver to Wish’s continued innovation and success. You will help support the Product - Post purchase team by providing transparent leadership, mentorship, technical guidance and motivation as they work in a fast paced environment on key enterprise initiatives and developing new features. You will be in-charge of leading outstanding engineers and great projects in the post purchase, Wish Assistant Chatbot and Customer support experience.
This is a unique opportunity to provide engineering partnership and product outcomes across multiple early stage business initiatives. The successful candidate will be highly collaborative and able to move from ideation to experimentation through iteration, while maintaining high levels of product quality. This role will require a high level of business acumen coupled with Full Stack technical depth and great cross functional team communications abilities.
Not located in the San Francisco or Seattle area? We are open to remote work for the US and Canada.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage Engineering processes, workflows and schedules to support multiple high impact business initiatives
- Lead and be highly involved in the evolution of a diverse engineering team capable of rapid iteration & delivery of technical solutions in an “incubator” style environment
- Actively collaborate with business teams and product managers on product iterations
- Support the engineering team by removing obstacles and establishing best practices to increase productivity and ensure your team produces extraordinary output
- Provide technical guidance and direction to the engineering team
- Build a mid to long term road-map to improve the quality of the system, setting clear directions for the team and anticipating challenges through strategic planning
- Develop and nurture a positive and collaborative culture that embodies Wish’s values
- Coach and mentor the team and support professional development and growth
- Build and maintain an outstanding engineering bar
- Hire outstanding talents that raise the engineering standards and quality.
- Manage all technical aspects of relationships with different stakeholders and take ownership of the implementations
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Self motivated, relentlessly focused on impact and able to operate under a great deal of independence
- Highly collaborative leader with a desire to stay close to the code
- 8+ years of Software / Application development experience
- 2+ years of experience directly managing/mentoring 3 or more people
- Proven experience scaling and managing multi-level engineering team
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Inspired by the mission of helping underserved consumers and small retailers thrive in a global, mobile first economy
- Capable of leading rapid development and iteration in an “Incubator” style environment
- Deep passion for the quality of our deliverables
- Proficient in at least one of the popular programming language such as Python or Go
- Bonus: Experience working with Microservices
- Bonus: Experience working on consumer facing applications
- Bonus: Experience with A/B testing
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.