Our Instacart Engineering team is seeking leaders in both our Customer and Fulfillment organizations.
About our Customers team: Instacart Customers team is responsible for the Instacart apps (iOS, Android) and website. As such, the Customers team is blazing a trail on the future of e-commerce for groceries across the entire order lifecycle (from signup to checkout to delivery). As well as building world-class infrastructure to scale these experiences to millions of users. The multi-disciplinary team consists of world-class mobile, frontend, applications, infrastructure, and ML engineers who work closely with cross-functional partners to solve real problems for real users in the real world!
About our Fulfillment team: The Fulfillment Group is responsible for finding, onboarding and retaining shoppers and providing the technology tools for them to help serve our customers. Forecasting capacity and availability then delivery of millions of orders. The group consists of multiple cross-functional teams which each contribute directly to our company's goals. The product surface area includes the mobile apps for our shoppers and the logistics and routing systems that deliver the goods for our customers.
Highlights: Build high reliability, low latency full stack software, build beautiful and functional interfaces across apps and web, fast feature development combined with rigorous experimentation.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will manage a full-stack engineering team and manage the development of features and infrastructure.
- You will help prioritize work for your team, making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software.
- You will provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code review, and ultimately be responsible for the health of the systems your team builds.
- You will participate in interviewing, hiring decisions, on-boarding, and mentoring of new engineers with the goal of quickly making them productive members of your team.
- You will develop a team culture of ownership that reinforces the core values of Instacart!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of software engineers
- The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Knowledge of industry best practices for building large scale and highly reliable consumer applications
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership