Manager, Engineering at Wish
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:43 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, July 14, 2020
Founded in 2010 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wish has quickly grown to be one of the largest ecommerce companies in the world. Hundreds of millions of people from 100+ countries rely on Wish every day to buy affordable goods. We are the leading mobile commerce platform in Europe and emerging markets with presence around the world!
The Marketplace & Logistics team is the entry point for millions of merchants from all over the world who interact and sell through our platform. We deliver on many large scale initiatives which include integration, payment processing, logistics and fulfillment, and tracking to name a few. Whether it be delivering a platform to onboard new merchants in new geographies, improving our returns process, or scaling our logistics practice to process more than 3 million transactions per day, you will be able to impact the business on a global scale.
Wish is seeking a Manager, Engineering to lead some of our exceptional team members and be a key driver to Wish’s continued innovation and success. You will help support the Marketplace team by providing transparent leadership, mentorship and motivation as they work in a fast paced environment on key enterprise initiatives and developing new features.
This is a unique opportunity to provide engineering partnership and product outcomes across multiple early stage business initiatives. The successful candidate will be highly collaborative and able to move from ideation to experimentation through iteration, while maintaining high levels of code quality. This role will require a high level of business acumen coupled with Full Stack technical depth.
What you will do:
- Manage Engineering processes, workflows and schedules to support multiple high impact business initiatives
- Lead and be highly involved in the evolution of a diverse engineering team capable of rapid iteration & delivery of technical solutions in an “incubator” style environment
- Actively collaborate with business teams and product managers on product iterations
- Support engineering team by removing obstacles establishing best practices to increase productivity and ensure your team produces extraordinary output
- Provide technical guidance and direction to the engineering team
- Build mid to long term road-map to improve the quality of the system, setting clear directions for the team and anticipating challenges through strategic planning
- Develop and nurture a positive and collaborative culture that embodies Wish’s values
- Coach and mentor team and support professional development and growth
- Build and maintain an outstanding engineering bar
- Hiring outstanding talents that raise the engineering standards and quality.
Who you are:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics or related field, with higher degree considered an asset
- Highly collaborative leader with a desire to stay close to the code
- 8+ years of Software / Application development experience
- 3+ years of experience directly managing 3 or more people
- Mobile and eCommerce, Web and App experience highly preferred
- Proven experience scaling and managing multi-level engineering team
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Inspired by the mission of helping underserved consumers and small retailers thrive in a global, mobile first economy
- Capable of leading rapid development and iteration in an “Incubator” style environment
What's our tech stack?
- Programming language: Python, Go
- Frontend technologies: React, Typescript, GraphQL
- Main database: MongoDB
- Big data systems: Hadoop, Hive
- Infrastructure: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Founded in 2010 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wish is a leading e-commerce platform, putting a digital shopping mall of affordable goods directly in the pockets of consumers worldwide. Wish employs big data principles, machine-learning, and state-of-the-art search technologies to create a highly-visual, entertaining, and personalized browsing experience for each user. The company leverages a global network of direct suppliers, providing access to top quality, affordable products to anyone with a smartphone. As of 2018, Wish has more than 80 million monthly active users, over one million merchants, and sells nearly 1 billion products annually. For more information about the company or to download the Wish mobile app, please visit www.wish.com or wish.com/careers or follow @WishShopping on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Learn more about us:
Wish + LA Lakers
Our CEO discusses Wish
Wish Careers Instagram
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Read Full Job Description