We are looking for talented Software Engineering Managers to join our AdRoll Reporting team. Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay - as a core company value, we are committed to hiring great people and helping all of our employees learn and grow.
As a manager of the Reporting team, you will work side by side with product managers, designers, and developers to deliver a customer-focused platform for our customer-facing reporting, in a highly agile and iterative environment. Developers are treated as equal partners in the process and have a crucial role in contributing not just code but also a voice on usability and customer experience. We truly work as a team and value engineer experience in all aspects of platform development: Python, React, Golang, microservices, AWS and more.
In this role you will manage the engineering team as it builds and evolves the existing web and API interfaces that present, analyze, explain and help optimize the activity and performance of our customers' marketing efforts. You will be a key part of setting both the short and long-term plans for the team and then coordinating across Engineering and other functional areas to execute on building the product. Your team will be working across the engineering stack from the back end and the APIs to the user interface, for which you will be expected to help guide the architectural and technical standards.
This role is open in our San Francisco, New York City, Salt Lake City offices, or Remote.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to enter a US NextRoll office. Please notify us to request accommodation.
Not sure that you might not be perfect for this role? You should still apply! We’ll review your application for other opportunities. We're always on the lookout for talented people and we're committed to developing each employee's career with over 1,800 training classes offered every year.The impact you’ll make:
- You’ll be collaborating with product managers, designers, other engineering teams to plan, scope, build, and deploy new features
- Lead cross department projects and network with key contacts outside own area of expertise
- Provide architectural guidance and oversight for any project the team is involved in
- Mentor engineers in regular 1:1 sessions
- Apply project management skills/techniques and direct the work of team members
- Guide the team as its role becomes even more integral to the functioning of our business over the next 12 months
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, including 1+ years managing a team of software engineers
- Experience mentoring and growing engineers at various levels of seniority
- Experience building and shipping consumer-first, delightful SaaS products, with quantifiable revenue impact
- Outstanding written, verbal communication & presentation abilities; can effectively summarize results & craft the “what does this mean for us” analysis
- A “get it done” attitude with a bias toward action; self-starter with discipline for defining priorities, driving decisions & getting closure on tasks and projects
- Experience with Marketing metrics and terminology would be appreciated, but not a hard requirement; we can help you get up to speed.
- Competitive salary, equity, and fully covered medical
- One month of paid time off and work/life balance
- Up to 3 months of paid pregnancy disability leave
- 3 months of paid family leave (care for a family member, bond with a new child, etc.)
- Up to 6 weeks of paid disability leave
- Join a community of fellow Rollers as a member of one of our Employee Resource Groups
- Ample opportunities to volunteer with local organizations with NextRoll Gives Back