Manager, Software Engineer, Fullstack (Trust & Safety) at Affirm (Remote)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We've opened an office in Poland with a goal to hire a substantial team of talented engineers within the first year. Read more about our plans here.
Affirm’s risk decisioning business logic - e.g. should we allow a user to sign up? Can we underwrite them? Are they a fraudster? - is increasingly complex and difficult to test given the amount of real world data it relies on and number of products it serves. The Test Platform team’s mission is to make end to end consumer risk testing seamless and give teams confidence to launch new features and verticals without regressions.
In leading this team you’ll accelerate and empower Engineering and Product at Affirm and have an impact on our customers by preventing outages and defects. Our team is growing and looking for an Engineering Manager to help build a full stack test platform to enable teams to move faster. Come join us!What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product managers to develop a long term technical roadmap towards a platform that meets stakeholder needs
- Lead a team of 5+ as well as recruit and hire talented engineers
- Hold a high technical bar with a bias towards longevity and simplicity via specification and architecture review
- Coach, develop, retain, and provide thoughtful feedback to team members
- Establish Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to set the engineering team’s direction and measure its success
- Build a strong engineering culture around innovation, accountability, empathy, and execution
- Experience: 1+ years managing high performing engineering teams
- Technical: solid engineering fundamentals; full stack and test automation experience
- Collaborative: track record of successful cross functional collaboration especially with product managers, and engineering counterparts
- Potential: ability to grow alongside a fast growing company and team
- Humble: you lead with the humility and self-awareness needed to navigate challenging situations
- Passionate about Affirm’s Mission: “Deliver Honest Financial Products that improve lives”
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 23,917 - 28,700 PLN
- New hires who commence employment with Affirm before June 30, 2022, and are employed for one year, are eligible to receive 200,000 PLN as a sign-on bonus.
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.