Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
The Marketplace & Logistics team is the entry point for millions of merchants from all over the world who interact and sell through our platform. We deliver on many large scale initiatives which include integration, payment processing, logistics and fulfillment, and tracking to name a few. Whether it be delivering a platform to onboard new merchants in new geographies, improving our returns process, or scaling our logistics practice to process more than 3 million transactions per day, you will be able to impact the business on a global scale.
Wish is seeking a Manager, Engineering to lead some of our exceptional team members and be a key driver to Wish’s continued innovation and success. You will help support the Marketplace team by providing transparent leadership, mentorship and motivation as they work in a fast paced environment on key enterprise initiatives and developing new features.
This is a unique opportunity to provide engineering partnership and product outcomes across multiple early stage business initiatives. The successful candidate will be highly collaborative and able to move from ideation to experimentation through iteration, while maintaining high levels of code quality. This role will require a high level of business acumen coupled with Full Stack technical depth.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead a Carrier System Integration team that develops a highly scalable distributed software system that integrates with external systems
- Build a world-class engineering team by hiring top talents, providing team members with mentorship and technical guidances, while maintaining a high bar
- Perform an efficient people management by setting up the right expectations and goals, removing roadblocks, and helping career development and growth
- Contribute for a design review process to build an efficient system architecture and write a high quality code that team members can use it as a reference
- Work with stakeholders, product managers, and other engineering leads cross-functionally to build strategies and define requirements.
- Lead projects from scoping requirements through v1 launch and v2 iterations
- Identify technical risks and build a roadmap for further improvement
- Quickly deliver minimum viable product (MVP) for high priority business initiatives and designs for long term systems that can support high scalability and availability.
- Perform API integration/maintenance with both internal and external services.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics or related field, with higher degree considered an asset
- Machine Learning
- Highly collaborative leader with a desire to stay close to the code
- 8+ years of Software / Application development experience
- 3+ years of experience directly managing 3 or more people
- Mobile and eCommerce, Web and App experience highly preferred
- Proven experience scaling and managing multi-level engineering team
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Inspired by the mission of helping underserved consumers and small retailers thrive in a global, mobile first economy
- Capable of leading rapid development and iteration in an “Incubator” style environment
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.