Manager, Software Engineering at Unity Technologies
Unity’s R&D Core department is looking for a Software Engineering Manager for Asset Pipeline that loves to tackle sophisticated technical challenges and help empower a hardworking team to grow and reach their goals. Within the R&D department our Core teams are building fundamental building blocks that other teams rely upon and are essential to Unity’s users.
This position will balance your ability to tackle complex challenges with your desire to understand and facilitate the success of a highly technical team. The position requires close collaboration with teams across the entire R&D department.
You will consider the workflows and pain points of our users, be creative while not being afraid of doing things differently and thrive when working in a multidisciplinary, distributed team. In your everyday work you will make critical decisions that cut across multiple teams, iterate on ideas with a wide range of partners, work with multiple feedback channels and consistently learn. As a successful Leader in Core you will have the ability to impact strategic plans, projects, our product, our users happiness and our employee satisfaction. As a leader you are there to serve your team and help cultivate talent, deliver team results and collaborate across teams.
What you'll be doing
- Drive the outcomes for the Editor Asset Management team and provide communication and openness around projects and progress
- Lead a team of experienced engineers and be responsible for people management as well as cultivating talent and growth
- Unblock obstacles, collaborate with stakeholders and empower engineers on doing their best work
- Directly contribute to the development of code and to the architectural roadmap of your domain
- Ensure that all perspectives are heard, and create a diverse and inclusive environment to allow the best ideas to win and for the team to innovate, learn and succeed
- Deliver a stable quality product that the team is proud of and that our users celebrate
What we're looking for
- Experience as an Engineering Team Lead or Manager of Software Engineering overseeing small to medium sized teams working with a large and complex code base towards a common goal
- Empathy for the unique challenges game developers face building and maintaining scalable asset and build pipelines
- Ability to mentor, coach and develop team members, lead by example and build trust and solid relationships
- Proven ability to lead a project from initiation to completion
- Strong collaboration, facilitation and communication skills with a desire to work with, listen to and understand people (English is our primary language)
You might also have
- Understanding of approaches to achieving high performance in deterministic data transformation pipelines with complex dependency trees
- An understanding of the challenges of real-time 3D and the scalability and performance focus it requires
- Experience with large scale asset management systems for games or other digital asset productions
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.