Manager, Software Engineering at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
- Manage Engineering processes, workflows and schedules to support multiple high impact business initiatives
- Lead and be highly involved in the evolution of a diverse engineering team capable of rapid iteration & delivery of technical solutions in an “incubator” style environment
- Actively collaborate with business teams and product managers on product iterations
- Support the engineering team by removing obstacles and establishing best practices to increase productivity and ensure your team produces extraordinary output
- Provide technical guidance and direction to the engineering team
- Build a mid to long term road-map to improve the quality of the system, setting clear directions for the team and anticipating challenges through strategic planning
- Develop and nurture a positive and collaborative culture that embodies Wish’s values
- Coach and mentor the team and support professional development and growth
- Build and maintain an outstanding engineering bar
- Hire outstanding talents that raise the engineering standards and quality.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics or related field, with higher degree considered an asset
- Highly collaborative leader with a desire to stay close to the code
- 8+ years of Software / Application development experience
- 3+ years of experience directly managing 3 or more people
- Mobile and eCommerce, Web and App experience highly preferred
- Proven experience scaling and managing multi-level engineering team
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Inspired by the mission of helping underserved consumers and small retailers thrive in a global, mobile first economy
- Capable of leading rapid development and iteration in an “Incubator” style environment
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.