Manager - Wireless Software at Cisco Meraki
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
As the lead of our wireless protocols software team, this person will build groundbreaking networking software, with a wide range of advanced features, that will make a huge impact on the wireless industry. This individual will lead a team of 6-7 engineers, providing them technical mentorship as well as planning the team’s roadmap. This person's purpose is build and support wireless technologies (Wi-Fi 6/6E, BLE, ZigBee) and networking features that enable a best-in-class wireless experience on Meraki wireless access points.A Manager of Wireless Software will:
- Lead engineers responsible for Wi-Fi and IOT (BLE/ZigBee) software stacks on the Meraki MR product line
- Assist in designing, developing and maintaining features that improve client experience with higher speeds, better network security, seamless roaming and robust wireless mesh
- Collaborate with Product Management and Hardware Engineering teams on wireless software roadmap definition and influence high-level architecture for new Meraki products
- Collaborate with other teams at Cisco on integrating networking features such as IPv6, DNS-based security using Umbrella, and Network Based Application Recognition(NBAR) on Meraki products
- Champion design, implementation and integration of next-generation wireless/IOT technologies including Wi-Fi 6E, ZigBee and Openthread
- Plan and track wireless software feature roadmap, updating the rest of the team on schedule changes
- Mentor junior engineers and encourage the professional growth of everyone on the team
- Identify gaps in the team’s knowledge or ability to execute, and work with recruiters to build out the team
- Collaborate with the leadership of the larger MR team: weighing in on development priorities, projects going on across the team, etc.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- 2+ years of leadership experience on projects involving meaningful planning and coordination
- 5+ years of software development experience using C/C++
- 5+ years of strong hands-on experience in one or more wireless technologies (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, ZigBee) and the TCP/IP suite of protocols
- A strong understanding of operating systems and multi-threaded programming
- Knowledge of Linux internals and Yocto
- Contributions to IEEE 802.11/Wi-Fi Alliance/Bluetooth SIG wireless standardization initiatives
- Experience managing agile projects and using agile methodologies such as scrum and/or kanban
Meraki is based in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, with beautiful views of the Oracle Ballpark and the Bay beyond. You will have access to an onsite gym, multiple kitchens stocked with high quality snacks, a coffee bar, catered lunches every day, and a generous benefits package.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.