Our aircraft and ground equipment are the tools that enable our mission. Our Manufacturing team are the dedicated women and men who produce those tools and our Manufacturing Engineering team are the ones who allow us to scale by taking craftsmanship out of our manufacturing processes.
The ideal Manufacturing Engineer takes pride in their work and brings analytical ability, organizational skills and superb attention to detail to their art. The Manufacturing Engineer is familiar with and appreciates an environment where individuals carry tremendous responsibility and where superior work is encouraged, noticed, and rewarded. This candidate enjoys work, thrives on daily interaction with high-caliber people and has a keen understanding of how to work with and/or motivate them.What You'll Do
- Liaise with the Design Engineering and External Quality teams to review UAV, Ground Equipment and their major subassemblies during Prototype, Engineering Validation, and Design Validation stages to review designs for manufacturability.
- Collaborate with the Design Engineering and External Quality teams to develop General Dimension and Tolerance (GD & T) criteria to support process quality.
- Continually assess in-house manufacturing processes, particularly during Low Rate Initial Production (LRIP), Ramp and Mass Production stages to reduce manufacturing time, cost and increase process quality including liaison with Test Engineering teams to implement automated testing and fixturing where required.
- Partner with Field and Internal Quality Teams during Mass Production to assist with Root Cause / Corrective Action / Preventive Action (RCCAPA) for field failures. Specifically, identify or discount manufacturing processes as causal. If manufacturing processes are causal, identify corrective action(s) required. If manufacturing is not causal, assist Design Engineering or External Quality teams to identify failure modes.
- Implement new processes and identify new equipment as required to reduce manufacturing time, cost and increase process quality.
- Work with Manufacturing and New Production Introduction Teams to update Manufacturing Process Instructions (MPIs) resulting from new / changed processes.
- Own Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) for UAV and Ground Equipment manufacturing operations.
- BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of combined career experience as a leader of engineering projects and as a hands-on mechanical/manufacturing/design engineer working on mechanical and/or electromechanical systems.
- Experience in 3D parametric CAD (e.g. SolidWorks, Catia) and 2D layout software (e.g. AutoCAD)
- Innate ability to fully comprehend new processes and systems quickly, with high attention to detail.
- Proficient in creating written and pictorial documentation of manufacturing processes·
- Ability to work independently as well as cross-functionally with key stakeholders
- Flexibility and adaptability in changing priorities and assignments while managing rapidly changing information.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences using written and verbal media.
Must be willing to travel domestically and overseas. Must be a US citizen or Permanent Resident.