Marketing UI Engineer, Udemy for Business at Udemy
!Sorry, this job was removed at 10:33 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, March 3, 2020
About The Role:
We’re looking for a Web Developer to rock our Udemy for Business website and partner with our Demand Gen team on digital experiments. We are looking for someone who loves building across the technology stack to deliver beautiful, delightful experiences. From web dev and email templates to API integrations and customized chat experiences, you’ll be influencing the entire buyer's journey and helping us convert as many leads into customers as possible. We've experienced tremendous growth over the last few years and this role is critical to ensuring we continue to rapidly scale the business.
This role reports to our Senior Manager of Demand Generation and is based in our San Francisco office.
Here's What You'll Be Doing
- Develop and implement front-end web code by writing squeaky clean code.
- Partner with designers, writers, and marketers to bring wireframes and mockups to life with our brand’s look and feel intact.
- Lead and optimize our web project management, hitting all deadlines while improving efficiency and maintaining the highest standards of quality web development.
- Proactively scope and present new ideas to improve our website experience for prospects, leads, and customers.
- Stay abreast of advances in our 3rd party marketing tech stack that could unlock new solutions or improve current website experience or performance.
We’re excited about you because you have:
- Domain expertise in UI/UX best practices, with proven experience in both mobile and desktop responsive development and optimization.
- Strong knowledge of git, and an understanding of code repository best practices and staging environments.
- Experience building WordPress themes/plugins with a mastery of WordPress coding and security best practices. Bonus points for Wpengine experience, gatsby.js and headless CMS integration.
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Experience building on top of technologies like Marketo, Drift/Intercom, and Optimizely.
- Personal interest in staying up-to-date on the latest trends, including agile methodology and emerging best practices in UI.
- Passion and ability to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment while collaborating closely with others outside of your discipline.
- You like solving problems (!) and have a knack for being analytical and using your critical thinking skills.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description