Mechanical Technician at Vicarious
| East Bay
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:30 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, April 6, 2021
Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission.
This role is responsible for on-time, functional builds of prototype and development robot arm cells, lines, and accessories. Responsibilities also include maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of hardware in development systems. Typical hardware examples include conveyors, pneumatic equipment, robotic arms, and automation systems.
As part of the HW build team, this position is also responsible for providing assembly and manufacturing feedback to the design team and input into assembly and installation documentation. As the Deployment team scales up over the next year, this position will transition from directly providing customer on-site build support to assist in training the Field Engineering team on installation and service procedures.
What you'll do
- Assembly of robotic units using standard shop procedures, mechanical drawings, and other written or verbal instructions.
- Install company robotics systems to customer sites.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and repair mechanical, pneumatic, and simple electrical problems on the robotics lines and other company equipment in local (Union City) shops as well as on customer sites.
- Perform preventative maintenance per defined interval/schedule in a timely manner and documents maintenance concerns/resolutions, providing action plans and status reports as needed.
- Recognize and correct potential equipment failure or unsafe conditions and communicate this to the manager.
- Perform machine shop work operating various machines such as drill presses, grinders, MIG/TIG/ welders, cutting equipment (i.e. chop saw), and electric/manual hand tools.
- Utilize appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to: safety glasses, face shields, hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves and aprons.
- Be responsible for proper care/cleaning of tools, parts, materials and work area.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Who you are
- Have strong mechanical repair/troubleshooting and metalworking skills.
- Must be able to satisfactorily demonstrate proficiency in Machine Repair, Machine Tool operations.
- Functional knowledge of electrical and mechanical components (valves, pipe fittings, bearings, motors, gearboxes, etc.).
- Able to read and/or interpret mechanical, pneumatic and electrical blueprints or schematics.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization both written and verbal.
- General computer proficiency and ability to learn company communication software for daily usage.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and problem solving skills with focus on attention to detail.
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment completing objectives efficiently with a sense of responsibility.
- Able to safely complete the physical tasks associated with the essential job functions. These tasks include extensive walking, lifting, bending, standing, carrying and squatting.
- Able and willing to work in non-ideal environments such as: confined spaces, working at heights, dusty/dirty.
- Understand, practice and enforce safe work practices related to the following: respiratory protection, elevated work platforms, fall protection, control of hazardous energy (Lockout/Tagout procedure), fire protection systems, electrical safety, forklift/hoist operation, welding.
- Desire to travel (up to 30%). Could be away from home for up to 2 weeks at a time.
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.
Read Full Job Description