Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
MARKETPLACE engineers work on systems programming, scalability, reliability, and API design. Each engineer has the opportunity to work on all merchant platforms as well as our entire stack. They work on entire features from the database level to the client.
What you'll be doing:
- Work on features that deliver a product to a shopper with a wide array of projects
- Build merchant marketplace features, merchant payment, self inventory, wish local program, logistics initiatives related to carrier integration, and warehousing
- Build features, iterate features and have full ownership over the features they build and the impact it produces.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a top university
- Proficient in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as Python, Java or Go
- Self-motivated, relentlessly focused on impact, and able to operate under a great deal of independence
- Built something interesting, unique, or noteworthy
- You lay awake thinking about improving the design, implementation and maintenance of large software systems with millions of users
- You revel in building features quickly and iterating in a data driven fashion
- Experience in growth engineering projects
- Backbone, jQuery, Require.js, SASS (CSS)
- Main database: MongoDB
- Big data systems: Hadoop, Hive
- Infrastructure: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.