New Grad - Software Development Engineer in Test at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Wish is revolutionizing the e-commerce experience by providing the most efficient way to sell products on mobile. Our easy to use platform powers over 300,000 stores, fulfills over a million orders daily, and manages a catalog of millions of products. Our mission is to give everyone access to the most affordable, convenient, and fun shopping mall in the world. By leveraging a competitive, global supply chain of direct suppliers and avoiding retail costs, we offer anyone who owns a smartphone access to tens of millions of affordable goods. We’re looking for a talented individual who wants to make an immediate impact on a fast-growing company.
As a new grad software engineer in test, you'll be playing a pivotal role in building our test automation efforts across the entire Wish ecosystem. We are working with exciting new technologies and solving complex automation problems across different operating systems. If you are creative, customer-focused, have a passion for QA and test automation, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, this team is right for you
- As a Software Development Engineer in Test on this team, you will be contributing to the test automation and infrastructure development, test new design and architectural choices which have a significant impact on our systems, our business, and most importantly, our customers
- Add to the existing test automation framework and test coverage.
- Grow your knowledge of different Wish platforms and develop a working knowledge of the Wish tech stack at all levels of testing.
- Setup and maintain our internal test environments.
- Work on debugging and fixing test automation issues, related to the testing framework, test automation scripts, testing environment, and the entire Wish product.
- Maintain the test pipeline and ensure pipeline failures are triaged properly and promptly.
- You will be working directly with Developers, QA Engineers, and Product Managers to ensure quality development and quality of our applications and platforms by injecting automation earlier in the SDLC process...
- Strive for fast and efficient feedback and communication in all aspects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 0 ~ 1 years of software engineering experience in Test Automation, Test Tooling, and infrastructure, or development operations.
- Enjoy a problem solving driven environment where self-learning and self-service are encouraged.
- Proficiency in at least one of the popular programming language such as Python, Java or Go
- Hands-on experience with any test automation tool or framework. will be a plus
- Familiarity with Git, Containers, frontend technologies, continuous integration systems (e.g. Jenkins, Travis, Gitlab) will be a plus
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.