Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Infrastructure engineers at Wish are responsible for keeping the site stable and making sure that the user experience is responsive. They scale a massive, highly-available platform end-to-end, design distributed systems, validate performance, factor in security, and proactively monitor every corner of our stack. When things go wrong, they are on-hand to fight the fires.
Our team releases every day, iterating quickly to maximize impact. Each engineer has the opportunity to work on all areas of the technology stack and they fully own their features, from product spec to database to client.
As a Software Engineer on the Security team, you will design and build services, systems, and libraries that protect Wish infrastructure and data. The role is ideal for skilled software engineers who are passionate about security and thrive on addressing real world security problems at scale. You will work closely with other engineers to ensure your services provide easy integration ability and meet strong reliability requirements while also enhancing the overall security posture and standards at Wish.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Design and implement security focused services as part of the migration to service oriented architecture
- Build frameworks and libraries that other engineers can leverage to create their own secure services
- Improve existing infrastructure to protect the data, systems, and networks that power the platform for Wish users
- Support the regular maintenance of the services with investigations and bugfixes
- Drive adoption of best practices in application security to the wider engineering organization
- 1+ years of industry experience in software engineering
- Development experience in one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Golang, Ruby, Java, C/C++, etc)
- Experience designing and building reliable systems at scale, a plus
- Passionate about security or experience working on Security teams
- Bachelors in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience developing in Golang and/or Python
- Experience working with and maintaining Linux systems
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Exposed to SOA in an industry leading company
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.