Open Source Compliance Engineer, Code Quality, Sustained Engineering at Unity Technologies
Unity is looking for an experienced Open Source Compliance Engineer to be part of our Sustained Engineering (SE) Code Quality team. This team is responsible for ensuring our codebase adheres to the required code quality standards. You are someone with a keen interest in Open Source Software and software quality. In this role you will be making a key contribution by ensuring the regulatory compliance of all released versions of Unity!
SE is a mixture of skilled specialists, across a variety of focussed teams, with a holistic knowledge of our codebase and the engineering knowledge to assist with problems that span the entire product.
This is a full time position, based in our Brighton office.
What you’ll be doing
- Creating frameworks, processes and an education programme to ensure third party code use regulatory compliance throughout the product life cycle
- Helping to shape Unity’s Open Source Software strategy
- Ensuring Unity’s use of Open Source Software is accurately recorded and aligns with license requirements
- Collaborating with and connecting Sustained Engineering, Legal, Security, development teams and management to ensure that regulatory processes and activities are aligned and potential issues are resolved early
- Producing reports for customers requiring information on Unity’s Open Source and third party code use
What we’re looking for
- Extensive experience of enterprise systems and regulatory compliance of these systems, including comprehension of various open source licensing requirements
- Strong experience in commercial software development, including C++ and/or C#
- Experience of software development in a distributed collaborative environment/part of a team working on large projects with large code bases
- A collaborative, decisive and positive attitude to proactively developing and managing the compliance programme
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) – Fluency in English
You might also have
- Knowledge and experience of using Black Duck
- Experience of using the OpenChain compliance framework
- Games industry experience
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.