Game developers repeatedly say that multiplayer game creation remains one of their hardest challenges; balancing ease-of-use with performance and flexibility remains unsolved. As a result, we’ve seen far too little innovation in multiplayer games over the last decade, while creativity in single-player games has flourished.
We need an expert networking and multiplayer engineer to help us define a roadmap and architectural vision of a new way for multiplayer experiences to be made. You are an industry leader in game networking, able to speak authoritatively about networking system design for multiple game types. Join a new team dedicated to creating a performant & flexible networking stack, and a modern development experience tailored to multiplayer games.
- Produce the technical roadmap for creating a fast and flexible network transport library
- Provide technical leadership to a team of engineers building a new networking SDK
- Develop systems covering everything from lag compensation to game object replication
- Design high level systems integrated with the Unity Editor & Unity Engine
- Deliver a flexible and performant architecture which meets the needs of projects small and large
- Expert knowledge of low level networking concepts and high level multiplayer game systems
- Experience as a multiplayer or networking engineer in a shipped a game
- Experience creating architectural system designs
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Experience with high performance programming, multi-threading, and memory management
- C# expertise
- Prior experience with the Unity engine
- Eagerness to coach others
- Contributions to a Unity networking solution
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.