Principal Software Engineer, Backend (Core) at Rally Health
Rally Health™ is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It’s our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits, and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to innovating continuously at every level. We know that some of the things we do are not going to work, and that’s okay. We’re not trying to build something that is churn and burn. We’re building something that supports people over their lifetime. Every day, we get to work with amazing people on something that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better.
At Rally Health, we believe that two heads truly are better than one. Rallyers understand the importance of communication and collaboration, ensuring that we work we produce is the best that it can be. Every opinion is valid and valued, and we share ideas that elevate the way we work. We know that the big picture and the small details are tied together, and we keep both in mind. Everything we do is executed with our users in mind, so we make sure that all of our work has a human touch. Here at Rally, we take advantage of the opportunity to build strong relationships with each other, because it makes us better.
About the Team:
The Core Authorizations/Eligibility team owns the front door to all Rally products and is the first stop in a user’s healthcare experience. Our vision is to build a platform that provides product authorizations for the entire Rally ecosystem in order to provide a seamless experience to users as they move across their healthcare journey. The team works on projects and code that impacts the entire company as well as insurance companies that Rally partners with.
We are looking for motivated and self driven engineers who work best in a collaborative environment delivering large and complex features motivated by our mission and business goals. You will work closely with Product Managers and Project Managers to understand features, do technical assessments, design, code, test and ship to production.
Your day to day:
- Working in a team setting to deliver features motivated by our mission.
- Develop reliable and scalable backend code in Scala
- Be involved in all aspects of the software lifecycle, from requirements gathering to development, testing and releasing code.
- Partner with product management and engineering leadership to bring innovative technology and solutions to solve healthcare problems.
Your core responsibilities:
- Providing critical shared services to all products in the Rally ecosystem.
- Build a cohesive foundational platform for other teams to integrate on top of in order to provide a precise experience to users as they move across their healthcare journey.
- Work on projects and code that impacts the entire company as well as insurance companies that Rally partners with.
- Deliver large and complex features motivated by Rally's mission and business goals.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Project Managers to understand features, do technical assessments, design, code, test and ship to production.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or equivalent experience
- Command of Scala or Command of Java or C# with a strong want and interest in learning Scala.
- Experience with distributed systems and application design in a SOA environment.
- Experienced with production debugging and to track down root causes and fix them in systematic ways.
- Strong analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Can-do self-starter with a results-oriented approach.
- Knowledge of high-scale performance and optimization tools and techniques.
- Previous experience within the Healthcare industry is a bonus.
- Knowledge of database concepts (both NoSQL and RDBMS).
- Strong passion and a deep interest in software engineering.
- Strong knowledge of computing concepts including API design, crafting, fault tolerance, highly available and scalable distributed systems, multithreaded programming, performance tuning, and security.
Why join Rally? On top of an innovative work atmosphere and a chance to help people change their lives, we offer competitive pay, daily catered lunches, and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). In addition, offer the ability to grow, while truly making an impact in the healthcare system.
Rally knows that we are strongest when our employee population reflects the diversity of the world around us, and we are a place where all voices are valued. A diverse workforce will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration we need to achieve our mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application and/or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.