QA Automation Engineer at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
As a QA Automation Engineer at Wish, you will ensure the health and stability of a platform supporting 100 million shoppers, hundreds of thousands of stores, and millions of orders. You will be responsible for building, running and maintaining automated test cases to ensure the health and quality of our e-commerce platform.
You will have a great deal of responsibility for each project you work on and will have the flexibility to influence design and execution. This role offers a very rare opportunity to work on both the e-commerce marketplace & logistics platform and the consumer platforms.
For this role, you should be smart, hands-on, and have a solid foundation in math, computer science, or software engineering. You should have strong competencies in software engineering, QA and functional testing automation. We are looking for someone passionate and driven to automate and improve customer satisfaction with their engineering chops.
If you are smart, driven, want to make an impact, and grow your career, then engineering at Wish is right for you!
What you’ll do:
- Working closely with PMs, engineers, QAs to understand the business, feature, and testing requirements.
- Design, implement & maintain robust test plans and automated functional test cases for our api, web and mobile apps. (native iOS and/or Android apps, hybrid apps)
- Identify and report bugs in a timely fashion and work with the engineering team to manage bugs until issues are resolved.
- Proactively create test cases for the known bugs and integrate them into the automation suite.
- Monitor and maintain the test automation pipelines and metrics.
- Analyze automation test results for failures, identifying issue trends, and quantifying impact.
- Continuously optimize the automation suite to improve testing performances.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant industry experience.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in automation as a developer, QA Engineer, SDET or similar QA role.
- Proficient in writing test plans, test automation, and test cases.
- Good understanding of QA concepts, methodology, and knowledge of QA Automation processes and tools.
- Highly competent with exposure in service and UI automation experiences across API, web, and mobile applications.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work on concurrent assignments with different priorities.
- Strong scripting fundamentals, troubleshooting and analytical skills with testing different interfaces.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in a fast-paced Agile environment.
- A desire to automate everything.
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.
- Experience in automation testing framework/infrastructure, DevOps.
- Strong programming, debugging and problem-solving skills.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.