Quality Engineer, Hardware/Software at Cisco Meraki (San Francisco, CA)
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology, we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products, and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer for our HW team. As our QA specialist, you’ll provide technical reproductions, own the testing of software and hardware, and deployment equipment. This is a multi-functional and multifaceted role, where you will collaborate with various teams including, Engineering, Security, and manufacturers. You'll also help build a lab that supports various situations. As a trusted expert on multiple platforms, you will be a key part of a fun and energetic team constantly pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
- Be the technical onsite engineer to support various hardware projects
- Lab management of inventory and enabling remote access for hybrid work of DUTs
- Provide guidance on network setup and remote access to resources
- Work with cross-team collaborators to align testing for various platforms
- Document, tests, and plans to validate issues and solutions
- Understanding and enabling JTAG and UART help rework for units for engineering work
- Collaborate with platform QA teams to enable testing hand-off and validation of evaluations
- Travel domestically and internationally to support related projects up to 10% of the time
- 5+ years of enterprise networking knowledge with a background in solving complex issues
- 2+ years of quality assurance support and reproductions of issues for engineering
- 2+ years of lab management including rack and stacking, implementation, and configuration of various enterprise technologies
- Handled inventory system for production and non-production equipment including a secure scrap process
- Worked with external partners and engineering to support manufacturing lines
- Experience working with multi-functional teams and leading multiple requests and projects
- Clear communicator with the ability to simplify technical concepts
Bonus If You Have
- 1+ year of experience performing manufacturing support in Taiwan
- Can read electrical schematics and understand functions of parts
- Able or willing to learn soldering and reworking boards, requires steady hands
- Familiar with hardware trust anchors and software supporting them
- Familiar with the manufacturing process and stages (EVT, DVT, PVT, MP)
- A clear communicator and teammate
- Enjoys tinkering with the latest technologies and tech trends
- Needs to be patient and persistent
- Be exceptionally organized and meticulous
- Passionate about new technologies and willing to creatively solve problems
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience is a plus
- A fun mnemonic for OSI layers
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!!
We encourage you to drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above. That’s a lot of different areas of responsibility! We will help you pick them up because we believe that great leaders come from a diverse set of backgrounds.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
CISCO COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.