Quality Engineering Manager at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
The Test Automation team offers a rare opportunity to work on all the major initiatives of an e-commerce platform, from building the marketplace for merchants, customer support systems, payment systems, internal tools, consumer-facing mobiles apps/websites, and more.
As the Quality Engineering Manager for Automation at Wish, you will manage a team of several SDETs and QA Automation Engineers to ensure the health and stability of a platform supporting 100 million shoppers, hundreds of thousands of stores, and millions of orders per day.
Our Test Automation team aims to improve the automation coverage for all different pods within engineering teams through automated testing, CI/CD pipeline construction, QA Ops automation, test infrastructure optimization, test tools construction, etc. You will be responsible for scaling automation test coverage, improving testing productivity and pipeline, and driving automation-first vision in QA. We are looking for people who have good business sense and testing/CICD/DevOps/Automation/infrastructure experience to join our team.
What you'll be doing:
- Define clear team vision, mission, strategy, and lead the innovation efforts with new ideas and technologies.
- Lead a team of SDET and QA Automation Engineers committed to building test automation and its supporting infrastructures.
- Be both highly technically hands-on and an effective people manager.
- Lead programs to train manual QA to participate with test automation.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to your team and peers.
- Communicate cross-functionally across different teams, organizations, and stakeholders to drive engineering efforts.
- Scale the team by attracting and mentoring members at various experience levels.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, related fields in Engineering or equivalent experiences.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in building scalable test automation solutions supporting different platforms and different types of testing.
- 3+ years of engineering leadership experiences of SDET or Automation in a cross-functional and fast-paced environment.
- Experience with monitoring and measuring automation tests.
- Great understanding of e-commerce and QA.
- Expertise with microservices testing.
- Experience in leading test automation training.
- Hands-on experience in building test infrastructure.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.