React Native Engineer, Mobile Platforms at Cisco Meraki
Cisco Meraki’s mission is to simplify technology so passionate people can focus on their mission. Global clients—including startups, Fortune 500s, nonprofits, airports, hospitals, schools, and many others—rely on the company’s powerful cloud-managed networking solutions for seamless connectivity. Cisco Meraki helps the world spend less time on technology and more on what matters.About The Team
As a React Native Engineer on the Mobile Platforms team, you will join a small team of engineers that is building a platform in which we can deliver delightful mobile features and experiences to our customers. You will work with product and design to build new mobile features for the Meraki app, the primary way our customers interact with our products on the go. You will extract common code between web and mobile into a library to enable code reuse. You will help document components, libraries, and best practices to allow product teams to contribute to the Meraki app.The Opportunity
These exciting opportunities will allow you to work across the stack with other developers, UX designers, and product management. Meraki engineers put the customer experience first, own projects from beginning to end, and are empowered to make impactful decisions.
Meraki believes that the quality of our product is dependent on the quality of our engineers. We place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. We foster an open and supportive workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed.Sample projects you might work on:
- Craft charts, graphs, and screen layouts that intuitively highlight network issues and insights
- Work on cross-product, mobile-first, initiatives to provide a delightful network management experience
- Conduct user research to better understand how our apps are being used
- Instrument and identify performance bottlenecks in order to deliver a responsive user experience
- Build internal libraries/frameworks and refine our app infrastructure to improve developer productivity
- You have at least 2 years of experience writing professional production code
- Aren’t afraid of rolling your sleeves up and working in all layers of the stack
- You flourish within a small engineering team and are excited to work on open-ended problems
- You have previous experience with mobile development
- You have previously worked with Ruby on Rails
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.