As a Release Manager at Addepar you will work with the QA, Development and the Site Reliability teams to manage, document, and enhance Addepar’s deployment processes. You will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring timely software releases by coordinating QA test activities, reporting on Release Candidate health and overseeing Git management with the goal of delivering high quality software to the financial industry. We are looking for team oriented, self motivated individuals who are excited to learn, grow and have a strong desire to understand the end business. We want people who are passionate and care deeply about the success of the whole company.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Forward plan the release windows and cycles for the application stack.
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality.
- Work with Development Engineers to understand impacts such as merge conflicts and CI test failures of code merged on managed branches.
- Lead and coordinate the “Go-Live” activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklist procedures
- Maintain a documentation repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for release related database changes as well as other technical documentation needs.
- Assist the existing QE DevOps role in the lighter weight deployments by providing leverage as needed.
- Ensure we are complying with Change Management standards and related procedures across development, QA, security and production environments. Includes coordinating, creating, approving and monitoring of required change tickets.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience in release and project management
- 3+ years experience with Linux administration
- Experience with containers and technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Expert understanding of Git and various branching and release strategies
- Working knowledge of Jenkins or similar scheduling, CI/CD or build and deployment tools.
- Creative thinking skills.
- Detail-oriented personality.
- Ability to communicate well to members of the QA, development, product management, client services teams.
- Technical documentation experience is a plus
- Scripting/programming language experience such as Python or bash for automation is a plus
- Experience with Mobile releases is a plus
- Experience with AWS technologies is a plus
- Certification such as ITIL or similar is a plus
Addepar is a wealth management platform that specializes in data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Founded in 2009 by Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC, the company's platform aggregates portfolio, market and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $2 trillion of assets on the company's platform. In 2020, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City and Salt Lake City. All brokerage services offered through Acervus Securities Inc., member FINRA / SIPC.
Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds, and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
In order to ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.