Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and lifesaving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.
Zipline is at the forefront of a logistics revolution: We design, manufacture, and operate our own fleet of autonomous drones, and all ground-based equipment that supports flight, to make deliveries of vital medical supplies to people in need within minutes, 7 days a week. Today, we fly the equivalent of once around Earth’s equator every day, and by the end of 2021, once every hour.
Zipline was founded by engineers dedicated to making the world a better place. We are scaling around the world and we need someone to join our team who is excited to help increase our system reliability and build capacity dramatically in the coming year. Every day, your commitment and decisive actions will help save lives.About You and the Role
As an experienced Reliability Engineer in hardware systems, you will be responsible to analyze, predict, demonstrate, and monitor the statistical reliability of perception systems onboard Zipline aircraft. Patients' lives depend on the ability of our aircraft to deliver on-time by making real-time decisions to adapt to changing air and ground obstacles throughout the life of the aircraft in all operating conditions.What You'll Do
- Responsible for achieving the availability requirement and reliability goals of onboard perception systems (visual and other modalities) from concept to field.
- Bridge electrical/mechanical/software disciplines by facilitating design risk assessment techniques (FMEA/FMECA/HARA, etc.) at the critical moment.
- Develop and maintain reliability-life models of perception systems (visual and other modalities) towards the availability/reliability objectives.
- Develop hardware validation test plans with physics-of-failure approach to demonstrate lifetime functionality, durability, and environmental objectives.
- Research, develop, and author hardware-specific test specifications which will be approved by regulators and carried out in-house or at outside vendors.
- Thrive in leading multiple problem-solving efforts, contribute, and validate solutions for issues discovered through testing or in the field.
- Calculate reliability performance of the system throughout development and its deployment in the real world. Implement lessons learned into the process.
- A strong background in the physics-of-failure in electromechanical systems with experience in optical, compute, and other sensory hardware.
- Verbal and written technical communication that is concise and factual.
- Experience in data analysis including, and data-driven decision making.
- Makes decisions from analysis of large multivariate datasets, including probability and statistical methods, using programming.
- Extracts the most value from limited time and resources.
- A lifelong curiosity around how things work and break.
- A keen interest in the use of technology for the betterment of all people.