Robot Operations Specialist (Part-Time)
Come help us redefine last-mile logistics through robotics, automation, and other advanced technologies. We’re seeking entrepreneurial and hands-on operator to join our newest team, DoorDash Labs.
DoorDash Labs is an independent team inside of DoorDash incubating long-term bets and exploring new technologies that can be applied to transform last-mile logistics. We believe in the value of advanced technologies and strive to build meaningful applications of next-generation hardware and software to impact real-world needs.
We’re looking at a strong operator to carry out the deployment, testing, and logging of new advanced technologies. If you have a passion for seeing robotics solutions being practically applied with tight integration into a service used by millions of people, we want to talk to you!What You'll Do
- Manage live tests actively in transport, safety following, and coordination of all necessary resources for new products.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to improve the product, including hardware, product, software, and business operations teams. Own the deployment and logistics of new products onto private and public testing areas, including transportation, scheduling, and resourcing.
- Execute and document tests to verify autonomous technologies, including understanding behavior, product capabilities, new and existing issues, and added requirements.
- Rigorous attention to operations processes, testing programs, and checklists, ensuring high levels of safety in testing and deployment as well as efficiency and reliability of new products.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with live field operations for deployment of products for testing and operations, bonus if related to autonomous vehicles is preferred.
- Strong organizational and process skills, comfortable with following schedules and some evening and weekend work.
- Familiarity with ticketing tools to collect feedback, schedule fixes, and track progress
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.