Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission.
As the manager of our Site Support Team within the Performance Engineering division, you will play a major role in the deployment, running, and monitoring of Vicarious’ state-of-the-art AI robotic systems. You’ll be working as part of a close-knit, highly skilled team focused on maximizing the reliability and performance of all our robotics systems as we rapidly scale up to meet customer demand.
The ideal candidate is a versatile, talented manager who is eager to: get into the nuts and bolts of software, hardware and process; improve system reliability, quality and performance; and willing to drive performance features and improvements across the organization.
What you'll do
- Oversee robot operations and maintenance of robotic systems at all client sites
- Manage a team of geographically dispersed employees and clients
- Implement performance tracking and monitoring systems to meet client SLAs
- Liaise with customers to understand their needs and coordinate operations
- Track and Monitor system performance and respond to all alarms
- Coordinate staffing levels and operations across multi-site technician teams
- Create and implement streamlined documentation and reporting standards to formalize and optimize feedback from customer sites
- Follow-up on all troubleshooting with relevant technical teams and ensure root cause determination with subsequent closed-loop corrective action
- Run frequent tests across customer sites to measure performance, quality, and collect data on utilization/operational patterns
- Execute managerial functions including providing leadership to Site Support technicians, setting objectives, reviews and supporting their career development
- With operations team, build a spares parts network to support uptime SLA’s
Who you are
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Engineering / Computer Science
- 5-7 years of experience with Automated systems
- 3+ years of management experience in a technical support organization
- Experience managing a multi-location team
- Experience interfacing directly with clients
- Knowledgeable of command line Linux, including file tree navigation and using a text editor
- Experience with Version Control software such as Git
- Have a basic understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering concepts
- Able to work with in-house technical support resources to resolve difficult product problems
- Able to travel to customer sites
Nice to have's
- Previous robotics experience
- Experience with ROS (Robot Operating System)
- Experience with Python
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.
Read Full Job Description