Robotics QA/QC Engineer at Vicarious
| East Bay
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:29 a.m. (PST) on Monday, October 4, 2021
Vicarious aims to transform robotics by creating robots with human level performance on real-world manipulation tasks. We are passionate about changing the world with science and software, and we are looking for exceptional people to join us in that mission.
As a member of the Performance Engineering team you will have a major impact on all of Vicarious’ state-of-the-art Artificial Intelligence robotic systems. You’ll be working as part of a close-knit, highly skilled team in the exploration, design, implementation and verification of new ideas that will drive the future of Vicarious’ technology and business.
Extremely versatile, talented engineer who is eager to get into the nuts and bolts of software, hardware and process; improve their reliability, quality and performance; and come up with novel verification methods to measure the improvements. Willing to drive performance features and improvements across the organization.
What you'll do
- Design the requirements verification matrix for Vicarious’s robotics systems in close collaboration with the Solutions Engineering and Product teams
- Own the full verification and validation plan from concept to implementation and deployment
- Design, fabricate and deploy complex test hardware/software systems in support of product validation
- Test new features and baseline functions throughout the product development cycle to surface issues early and often.
- Provide actionable insights from analysis to improve the quality of new features.
- Provide detailed status and progress updates throughout the product development cycle.
- Constantly look for opportunities to improve the robustness and performance of the system - both hardware and software.
- Collaborate across teams to troubleshoot and persevere till the root cause of an issue is found and fixed with subsequent corrective action.
- Mentor other engineers on test creation, execution, and analysis.
Who you are
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Engineering / Robotics / Computer Science preferred
- Previous robotics experience is a plus
- Strong coding skills in python or C++ Knowledge of ROS (Robot operating system)
- Understanding of QA methodologies & practices
- Familiar with software management tools such as Github, JIRA etc
- Exposure to compliance standards such as ANSI/ RIA 15.06, NFPA79, UL508A is a plus
- Great analytical skills with a good working knowledge of statistics
- Understand what testing, verification and validation in software and hardware entails
- Debugging experience with the ability to investigate and triage difficult problems
- Intellectual fearlessness to tread into new subject areas with no a priori knowledge when necessary
- Cares about the customer experience and what we can do to improve it
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds
- Passionate about robotics and artificial intelligence, and excited to push the boundaries on real-world robotics applications
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.
Read Full Job Description