What makes the difference between a product that's engaging, compelling, and easy to use and one that's frustrating, broken, and complicated? The answer is user experience. Here at UserTesting, our mission is to help our customers create great experiences. We enable every organisation to deliver the best customer experience powered by human insight.
About the team:
In our engineering teams we put people before code and champion diversity throughout our organisation. We value authenticity, trust, and respect above all--when we say everyone is welcome, we mean it!
We are looking for Ruby on Rails Engineers to deliver projects and initiatives that will directly contribute to the growth and success of UserTesting. You'll have the opportunity to work on engineering practices such as refactoring, TDD, CI/CD, pair programming, and design and code reviews.
- Be able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of the full development lifecycle.
- Advocate for best practices for quality in code, architecture, and design, as well as maintainability, performance, and scalability.
- Work collaboratively with engineers across a variety of domains and time zones.
- Readily give and receive feedback to improve our products, teams, and yourself.
- Promote simple and elegant solutions that balance current needs while keeping an eye on the future.
What We’re Looking For:
- Expert knowledge of Ruby on Rails.
- Experience in solving problems collaboratively.
- Expertise in applying and promoting industry best practices.
- Strong desire to spread your knowledge via presenting and mentoring.
- Enthusiasm for engineering practices such as refactoring, TDD, CI/CD, pair programming, and design and code reviews.
- Readiness to embrace and enhance UserTesting’s core principles: #GetBetter #DriveResults #CustomersFirst #BeKind #KeepItSimple.
Bonus points for:
- Experience of Angular, React, or VueJS.
- Experience in developing microservices.
- Experience in localizing and internationalizing a web application.
- Experience in working with AWS.
Why you’ll love working for UserTesting:
Working collaboratively with engineers across a variety of domains and time zones, you will readily give and receive feedback to improve our products, and teams, as well as promoting simple and elegant solutions that balance current needs while keeping an eye on the future.
We’re honored to be named a 2020 Inc. Best Workplace, and named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 List, among a variety of other awards. Joining UserTesting means being part of a passionate team focused on transforming the way companies learn about their users.
Founded in 2007 and backed by Accel and OpenView, UserTesting is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Atlanta and Edinburgh.
To learn more about our team, culture, and customers, check out our careers page, company blog, and press/awards. Besides a great work environment and the opportunity to change the world we’re also growing fast — join us!