Sales Engineering - Senior Manager/Team Lead at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 68 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Join Coinbase’s Sales, Trading and Prime Services team as our first team lead as a senior sales engineer hire. Be responsible for kicking off some of the most innovative client integrations at Coinbase, managing a team of ~10 pre-sales engineers and helping Coinbase grow specialist businesses such as:
- Introducing Brokers, to help Coinbase become the back-end provider for other fintechs and financial institutions looking to offer their clients crypto services,
- Asset Integration, to support new assets on the platform with the goal to increase economic freedom to the world
- Commerce and Analytics
- Coinbase Cloud
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Be involved in Introducing Broker pitch, which often involves diving into the specifics of the new Prime Brokerage API docs and product functionality
- Be engaged in client discussions, which will involves diving into the specifics of the new assets and protocols to be integrated, integration with Coinbase Commerce and Analytics, and the launch of Coinbase Cloud
- Manage and grow a team of ~10 Sales Engineers having complementary technical skillset to support our 4 verticals. Identify winning patterns, maximize pre-sales impact and influence product priorities
- Kick off initial discussions around integration timeline and custom product needs, as well as help set expectations on scope and pricing
- Coordinating and orchestrating blockchain integrations for Coinbase with the crypto team
- Integration scoping - meeting with clients and determining feasibility and scope of integration difficulty for sales team
- Work closely with Software Engineers to
- implement scalable solutions that work for a general audience.
- build reusable platform elements which would allow Sales Engineers to easily integrate one-off network interactions for clients.
- help the Product team and Software Engineering team see the whole picture based on inputs from Coinbase clients.
- Identifying areas for improvement and communicating these issues and possible solutions to product teams and upper management
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Has technical degree and previous experience as a software engineer (3-4 years)
- Has experience client facing and in a sales engineering, solutions architect or implementation consulting role in the technology field, or technical implementation role
- Has experience building, leading and motivating a team of highly performing technical pre-sales
- Demonstrated ability to grow market shares, identify priorities, and identify winning patterns to maximize pre-sales impact
- Ability to develop an in-depth knowledge of our technical products and services and to relate this knowledge in a way that is understandable to non-technical customers
- Highly personable and good listener who can create concise recommendations after listening and assessing potential clients needs
- Knowledge of blockchain technology
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure as well as REST, FIX, WebSocket APIs
Nice to haves:
- Experience with cryptocurrency
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.