Security Engineer, Detection and Incident Response
We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
Alto’s security program is focused on protecting patient’s security and privacy while enabling our business to operate and grow. We support the product and engineering team as they build a secure platform for our patients, providers and employees. We also work directly with our pharmacy and operations teams to ensure that they can care for our patients securely and efficiently. We work closely with our pharmacy compliance team to ensure that we always respect our patients’ privacy.
We are looking for engineers to join our team to focus on detection and incident response. We support a growing engineering team and need to ensure they have the tools and knowledge to build products that protect our patients.Responsibilities:
- Build out a security platform that collects the necessary data and turns it into meaningful alerts.
- Investigate security incidents to understand what happened, why and how can we prevent it in the future.
- Identify places where we can be more efficient and automate our response, reducing the impact on on-call resources.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to build security monitoring into all products and tools to ensure we can protect our systems and data.
- Have worked in a professional SIRT (monitoring and/or response) role previously.
- Have 2+ years engineering experience in a cloud environment, such as AWS.
- Are comfortable working across the stack and taking on new security challenges.
- Communicate effectively about technical and non-technical topics with a diverse team.
- Thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment where need to consider competing interests, and make decisions quickly and independently.
- Believe in Alto’s mission and embodies our company values.
- Have worked in a healthcare environment and familiar with HIPAA and other regulatory requirements.
- Relevant security certifications.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.