Zipline builds and operates fleets of delivery drones to get medicine to those who need it, fast, regardless of where they live. To power this, we’re building highly efficient distribution centers with powerful software that empowers our Flight Operators. We’re looking for a security engineer to help improve the confidentiality and integrity of our systems. Our ideal candidate works well in startup environments, is comfortable wearing many hats, and can work in a small team to produce big results.What You’ll Do
- Review and secure platforms upon which our life-critical flight and fulfillment systems are built
- Find and report vulnerabilities and work with our development teams to mitigate them
- Develop security standards in line with our compliance requirements and work with our user base to roll them out
- Develop security related tooling for both our cloud infrastructure and on-prem deployments
- Perform incident response
- Help build a team of security professionals who take direct responsibility for the safety and welfare of everyone who works at Zipline and the people they serve
- Experience in a security role in a high growth environment
- Experience with devsecops tooling and systems
- Strong scripting skills
- Deep understanding of *nix operating systems
- Collaborative, flexible attitude, and shared passion for our mission
- Experience with embedded systems
- Experience with NIST-800 53 standards
- Understanding of risk management and the mitre att&ck framework
- Understanding of the unique risks of health care logistics and or aviation
- Lockpicking and tamper evidence skills
Your job will be to defend the people and systems directly responsible for making access to lifesaving medicines accessible to millions of people. It is demanding work, but the outcomes are unlike anywhere else. We know that to succeed in this role you need folks who have your back and push to create an emotionally safe and supportive work environment. You will learn, grow into, and help define your role - but you won’t be expected to know everything. You will take vacations and completely unplug when you need to. The people here are genuinely awesome.
What Else You Need To Know
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!