Security Engineer at DoorDash
Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on talented engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
Our team is looking for security engineers to work on application security, infrastructure security, and everything adjacent. You will report to the Head of Security and be a part of the team responsible for building a secure and reliable delivery network for our three-sided marketplace. On the Security team we need to protect each of these customers, as well as the logistics engine itself. It’s no simple task, but it wouldn’t be interesting if it was!What You’ll Achieve
- Breaking & Fixing - You’ll identify security problems and implement high-quality solutions.
- Identifying “this & that” Solutions - Rather than compromise security, customer experience, or productivity, you’ll work to achieve the best of all three.
- Owning Your Work - You’ll be responsible for a chunk of the security roadmap.
- Building & Integrating Tools - You’ll leverage the best technology to prevent vulnerabilities and alert the team when needed.
- Prioritizing Your Time - You’ll balance solving the problems in front of you against implementing game changing, long-term solutions.
- Coaching - You’ll teach other parts of the organization relevant security skills, both formally and informally.
- You have healthy security paranoia and notice security issues before others.
- You celebrate your successes, but also admit your missteps and learn from feedback - we’re all human.
- You’re growth-minded and eager to expand your skill set.
- You display adaptability, resiliency, and the ability to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly!
- 3+ years of industry experience (at least one year of focused security experience)
- Strong understanding of web application and infrastructure vulnerabilities
- Experience with architecture-level security
- Understanding of Python, Django, AWS - deep understanding of at least one
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) - we partner with every team in the company
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT, or related field
- Android or iOS experience
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and nationalbusinesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.