Senior Android Engineer at TripActions
At TripActions, “It’s all about the user. All of them.” We’re passionate about providing a seamless one-stop experience for business travelers, no matter how they travel, where they stay, or where they’re going.
We are looking for passionate Android Engineers, who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits, to lead design and development of core product features and services that power the TripActions app used by thousands of travelers on a daily basis. You will work closely with other app development and technical teams and build the next generation of our mobile applications.
What you'll need:
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- A successful candidate will have 4+ years of experience building high-quality Android apps.
- A strong understanding of the full life cycle of app development using Google's Developer Portal
- Published apps in the market
- Experience designing, developing, debugging and deploying software for server-side development using Java/ Kotlin as the primary language
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors
- You understand the nuances of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to effectively write code for a multitude of Android devices
- Extensive knowledge of Android design principles and third-party libraries
- A solid foundation of modern Java data structures, algorithms, and software design and can consistently deliver testable, scalable, highly-readable code using OO best practices.
- Prior experience building RESTful API’s focusing on integration with back-end services
- Experience with cloud messaging API’s, offline storage, background processing, threading, and performance tuning, caching and performance optimization.
- Hands on experience with continuous integration
- Passionate about Android and are always up to date with the latest industry trends concerning OS, devices, applications, web technologies and new user interactions as they are released.
- Kotlin, RxAndroid & Dagger2 experience.
- iOS development experience also