The Wish App has been downloaded over 200 millions times and has always been one of the top free applications in the App Store. Our team is small and nimble. We move extremely fast while solving unique and challenging problems. We release new mobile updates biweekly to ensure that engineers are able to iterate quickly and make an impact immediately. Each engineer has the opportunity to completely own the feature they work on from scratch to release. They work on entire features from the back-end API to the mobile client.
As an Android engineer, you will get to work on features directly used by millions of shoppers worldwide. You will have a great deal of responsibility for each project you work on and will have the flexibility to influence design and execution. With full transparency to all metrics, you will get to see how your features directly impact the company’s performance and make data-driven decisions.
For this role, you should be smart, hands-on, driven, want to make an impact and grow your career and have a solid foundation in computer science. You should have strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design, and contribute under a great deal of independence. We are ultimately looking for someone who is capable and passionate to help us hack social commerce.
Not located in the Bay Area? USA and Canada remote work is acceptable!
What you’ll be doing:
- Take ownership of critical parts of the app
- Build new high impact features in the Wish Android app. Solely own the feature from scratch to post release
- Setup processes for the team, and help the team become more effective and efficient
- Work closely with Product Managers and Designers to design new features. Give valuable feedback and share new ideas.
- Work with the Data Analyst to conclude an A/B testing feature
- Make important coding architecture decisions and participate in code reviews. Refactor the code to use best practices if necessary
- Always learning new Android and Java/Kotlin knowledge and sharing it with the team
Who you are:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience developing native Android applications in Java or Kotlin. Experience with Python and MongoDB are a big plus.
- Able to take ownership of critical parts of the App
- Can work effectively with multiple people from different domains
- Interested in end-to-end feature development from design to execution
- Has creative ideas and proves them with data-driven methods.
- Strong understanding of the whole engineering stack and how each piece fits into the whole
- Self motivated, relentlessly focused on impact and able to operate under great deal of independence
- Learns quickly and is willing to take calculated risks
- Java and Kotlin
- MongoDB or familiarity with other databases
- A/B testing
- People management
- Project management
Founded in 2010 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wish is a leading e-commerce platform, putting a digital shopping mall of affordable goods directly in the pockets of consumers worldwide. Wish employs big data principles, machine-learning, and state-of-the-art search technologies to create a highly-visual, entertaining, and personalized browsing experience for each user. The company leverages a global network of direct suppliers, providing access to top quality, affordable products to anyone with a smartphone. As of 2018, Wish has more than 80 million monthly active users, over one million merchants, and sells nearly 1 billion products annually. For more information about the company or to download the Wish mobile app, please visit www.wish.com or wish.com/careers or follow @WishShopping on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Learn more about us:
Wish + LA Lakers
Our CEO discusses Wish
Wish Careers Instagram
Wish is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.