Senior Audio Developer at Unity Technologies
Unity Labs’ mission is to explore how content authoring, AI, deep learning, computer visualization, VR, AR and Cloud will evolve in the next decade to radically transform how content will be created, streamed and played. As part of Labs, we are launching a small agile team focussed on the future of digital entertainment and 3D interactive content streaming.
You will be part of a new team that will build exciting new products on top of the Unity Engine. You’ll be developing innovative new technology that will assist customers in the creation of spectacular prototype content. Alongside world-class engineers and content makers, you will develop ambitious proofs of concept exploring social communications, object-based audio codecs, and audio broadcast tools. Your day-to-day work will involve communicating directly with a customer’s technical leaders, researching and delivering solutions to their audio challenges, and developing customized audio plugins to ensure winning results in production.
This an opportunity to play a strategic role in establishing Unity’s position in an evolving landscape of direct-to-consumer apps and services.
- Develop innovative new ways to support large-scale multichannel social audio communications in the Unity Engine while maintaining quality and efficient performance
- Creating streaming broadcast audio tooling
- Developing new systems in Unity to preview, record, and stream new audio codecs
- Optimize audio systems to improve customer’s project performance
- Create example assets and projects to illustrate solutions and best practices
- Efficiently solve problems, communicate, and educate our customers, both remotely and on-site at their offices
- Educate and assist customers as they ramp up on using the Unity Engine
- Ideally, candidates have worked on the development of VST, AU, and/or AAX plugin formats
- Experience with audio-oriented network programming
- Experience with FFTs, JUCE, VADs and echo cancellation techniques
- Excellent C#, C, and C++ programming skills
- Comfortable programming in multi-threaded codebases
- You have worked as an audio programmer in multiple real-time game engines
- You are familiar with Unity’s FMOD-based audio system, its audio plugin architecture, Unity’s Audio Mixer system, and Unity’s Director/Timeline systems
- You have developed software using Vivox voice technology
- You have developed audio software utilizing ambisonics, MPEG-H, or Dolby Atmos
- Experience developing audio software in the Unity game engine
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.