Senior Backend Engineer at Aurora Solar
!Sorry, this job was removed at 8:49 a.m. (PST) on Friday, March 27, 2020
Based in San Francisco, Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series A company focused on building a clean energy future for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. We want every solar installation in the world to pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named “Top 50 Tech Companies to Watch in 2020” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history. We are poised for hockey stick growth and are looking for A-players to come join the fun.
We are looking for senior backend engineers who are comfortable with taking control of complex projects and working with other experienced members of the team. Every engineer contributes to key feature rollouts and cutting-edge technology of the solar industry.
We are a diverse team based in San Francisco, passionate about advancing the growth of solar energy. If you are looking for a challenging and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- You will build new functionality and features for our software platform.
- You will scale Aurora's infrastructure by 10x over the next year.
- You will support and extend our existing API.
- You will build integrations with other players in the solar industry.
What we value:
- A degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- At least 5 years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience developing backend web systems.
- Experience managing databases (PostgreSQL preferred).
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs.
- Familiarity with (or eagerness to learn) Ruby on Rails.
- Familiarity with Git or other version control system.
- Passionate about renewable energy and sustainability.
- Ability to perform and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Aurora is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you feel that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Read Full Job Description