Senior Backend Product Software Engineer (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
- You will articulate a technical vision for a more enlightened way of working and work with multi-functional partners to deliver that vision
- You will write code as we expect our technical leadership to be in the trenches alongside junior engineers, understanding root causes and leading by example
- You will partner with product managers, designers and analysts to deeply understand the needs of our users and build a product that serves those needs
- You will develop and execute against both short and long-term roadmaps, making effective tradeoffs between business impact, user experience, and a high-quality technical foundation
- You will improve the team and company – you will be an active participant in our culture (mentorship, interviewing, and new initiatives)
- You will own relationships with other engineering teams and collaborate with other functions within Dropbox
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 8+ years of software engineering and/or work related industry experience
- Previous success developing and shipping a large-scale web application with a user-empathetic mindset
- Skilled at building user-facing software and supporting systems and libraries for the web and/or desktop
- You can handle full-stack projects and are able to build a minimum working product quickly
Our Engineering Career Framework is viewable by anyone outside the company and describes what’s expected for our engineers at each of our career levels. Check out our blog post on this topic and more here.
The expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) rate for the role is zł24,200 - zł28,400 - zł32,700per month.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Dropbox applies increased tax deductible costs (50%) to remuneration earned by certain qualifying employees (to the extent an employee will be involved in the creation of the software as an "author") for the transfer of copyrights, in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Personal Income Tax Act.