Senior Data Engineer, Backend High-Availability Systems at NextRoll (San Francisco, CA)
You’ll join our User Intelligence Platform (UIP) team reporting to our Sr. Director of Data Science Engineering. This team is responsible for a system that plays a key role in the big machine learning pipeline of NextRoll’s core product. Our system efficiently ingests and processes trillions of events daily to produce defined features for users in near real-time that feeds our pricing engine, ensuring that it stays fresh and accurate for the dynamic online ads marketplace. Our system uses complex in-house developed technologies and serialization formats to be able to crunch these trillions of events as they’re coming into our data pipelines. If you love low-level coding, high scalability, and high availability systems, this is the team for you!
NextRoll engineers are afforded significant autonomy. We take ownership of our systems, and design and improve them as we see fit. We proactively propose new improvements and changes that benefit and impact multiple systems across engineering teams, always taking into account that systems must be reliable and work at a large scale.
This role is open in our San Francisco, New York City, Salt Lake City offices, or Remote.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to enter a US NextRoll office. Please notify us to request accommodation.
Not sure that you might not be perfect for this role? You should still apply! We’ll review your application for other opportunities. We're always on the lookout for talented people and we're committed to developing each employee's career with over 1,800 training classes offered every year.The impact you’ll make:
- Lead technical decisions and proposed changes to our current components of our system
- Design and implement pipelines that process data at large scale to generate machine learning features that other systems consume
- Design and implement processes optimized at a low-level to be able to efficiently process and serialize data
- Devise serialization formats for efficient storage and retrieval of cookies’ profiles
- Define plan and roadmaps for new features and components of systems
- Interface with other teams to ingest new data sources needed by our system
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years experience with C, C++, Rust, Golang or other performant language
- Experience designing high performance and scalable systems, employing low-level optimizations
- Experience processing large datasets efficiently
- Architectural designing and roadmap planning for complex systems implementations
- 2+ years designing and implementing data processing pipelines
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% employee coverage for medical, dental and vision premiums
- Short and long term disability benefits at no cost to the employee
- Basic life and AD&D insurance at no cost to the employee
- 401K Plan (Pre-tax and Roth)
- 4 weeks of paid time off and work/life balance
- Up to 12 weeks of paid family leave (care for a family member, bond with a new child, etc.)
- Up to 6 weeks of paid disability leave (up to 12 weeks for pregnancy disability leave)
- Join a community of fellow Rollers as a member of one of our Employee Resource Groups
- Ample opportunities to volunteer with local organizations with NextRoll Gives Back
NextRoll is a marketing technology company delivering products ambitious marketers use and rely on to grow their businesses. Powered by machine learning and integrated data platforms, NextRoll’s technology serves tens of thousands of businesses globally through its two business units: RollWorks, an account-based platform for business-to-business marketing and sales teams, and AdRoll, an ecommerce marketing platform for direct-to-consumer marketers. NextRoll is a privately-held company headquartered in San Francisco, CA. To learn more visit nextroll.com.
We are committed to building diverse teams of “Rollers” and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please notify us to request accommodation.