Senior DevOps Engineer, GCP Production Engineering - Unity3D Monetization Platform at Unity Technologies
Unity Ads enables mobile game developers to make a living doing what they love - making games - by monetizing their entire player base with gaming ads for gamers. Trusted by large publishers and indies alike, we're proudly built by Unity and focus strongly on gaming. Unity Ads can deliver significant revenue to our developers by providing engaging, non-intrusive user-initiated video ads.
Resiliency, quality, and robustness are requirements in our environment, as our advertising network reaches hundreds of millions of game players, in tens of thousands of games all around the world. We are currently running a multitude of different microservices written in Golang and Node.js in GCP, relying on our high-volume, automatically scalable systems built atop Kafka, Cassandra, MongoDB, NATS, Redis, running on Docker with help of Terraform, Helm and Google Kubernetes Engine.
We’re now looking for a talented Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Unity Ads team in San Francisco. You understand the different requirements that are brought upon by continuous deployment and high-availability. In this position you work directly with the development teams, helping them to be efficient by building a scalable, reliable and resilient infrastructure as possible. This means adopting infrastructure-as-a-code as our main work principles and sometimes prototyping solutions together to get going. That said, we aim for doing things properly from scratch once hypotheses are proven to work.
If you want to make a difference, not about what is running (tens of thousands of ads request per second at your fingertips!) but where and how then you're the one we're looking for!
What Does It Take
- You are a passionate coder who wants to do things right - and not give up because of the environment
- You understand the moment when to stop polishing things up until perfection - business needs come first
- You prefer automation over manual work
- You have experience in setting up services, datastores, and CI/CD pipelines in the cloud yourself with some resiliency from the ground up
- You understand that great things cannot be achieved alone, only through communication and together as a team
- You are comfortable working across timezones on a global team
What's In It For You
- You’ll get to work on a product that enables ad delivery for most of the world’s devices, processing tens of thousands of requests every second
- You’ll be a part of a team-building a large-scale microservice infrastructure and setting up services & databases in the cloud
- You’ll be working with world-class development and Site Reliability Engineering teams to improve our service applications, infrastructure, and deployment
- You’ll get a chance to develop your own skills while seeing things you work with move forward and make a real difference
How We Work
- We drive agile practices, enabling the environment to adapt quickly to changes in requirements
- We embrace autonomous teams that make and implement the best solutions for problems at hand using the right tools for the purpose
- We do hundreds of deployments to production per day through our shared CI/CD pipeline
- We make decisions based on data, test and tweak our hypotheses, and iterate quickly
Bonus Knowledge - Helpful If Familiar
- Golang - Python - Node.js
- Docker & Containerization best practices
- Kubernetes + Helm
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations. The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.