Senior DevOps Engineer at Tally
Tally makes people less stressed and better off financially through full financial automation. We’ve successfully launched Tally, the first and only fully automated debt manager to put billions of dollars back into people’s pockets. Currently backed by some of the world’s top investors, including Andressen Horowitz and Kleiner Perkins ($92MM in total funding to date), Tally’s vision is to automate people’s entire financial lives so they can be less stressed and better off financially.
Are you driven to make a real-world impact while leveraging public cloud infrastructure, Kubernetes and microservices? Do you love writing code to build efficient automated tools and infrastructure to save engineer’s time? If you answered yes to these questions, we would love to talk to you. We are looking for a Senior DevOps engineer to join our Developer Productivity team to help us accelerate our Tally engineers’ ability to automate people’s entire financial lives.
At Tally, the Engineering Productivity team builds developer tools and manage Cloud and IT infrastructure and systems that enable engineering and Product teams to build services and products. Our team empowers Tally engineers to become more effective and productive through automation, tooling and IT systems. Come collaborate with us to make our teams even more effective at helping people achieve their financial goals.
Core Technologies: Kubernetes, ELK, Prometheus, Datadog, Postgres RDS, Redis, Puppet, Terraform, Scala, SBT, CI/CD (Jenkins, Bamboo, Gitlab) and various AWS services such as EC2, RDS, EMR, ECS, Redshift etc.
- Design, build and deploy infrastructure systems for managing our public cloud environment using docker containers, microservices, and next-generation orchestration and monitoring tools and technologies.
- Design and develop secure and robust Continuous Integration, delivery and deployment (CI/CD) processes
- Architect Tally’s build, deploy and release systems to be more reliable, faster, secure and optimized in public Cloud.
- Empower Tally’s engineering, data and analytics teams to self-provision, maintain, troubleshoot staging and production environments
In this role we value:
- Expert knowledge in at least one server-side programming languages (e.g. Scala, Java, Python)
- Experience with docker container orchestration, monitoring (Kubernetes, ECS, Prometheus) and microservices architecture
- Proficiency with CI/CD tools suite (Jenkins, Bamboo, Gitlab, Spinnaker, Harness, CircleCI,..)
- Experience with distributed streaming, messages systems and datastores (Kafka, EMR, Postgres, DynamoDB)
- Prior experience managing Akka cluster a plus
- Passion to explore newer DevOps technologies to empower autonomous teams and scale, optimize and secure our Cloud infrastructure
- Ability to thrive in a startup/fast-paced environment