Senior Director, Engineering at Unity (San Francisco, CA)
Unity's Consumer division is looking for a Senior Director of Software Engineering to join the leadership team creating new consumer-facing destinations and products, bringing together social, communication, and content creation tools for the world's billions of gamers.
We are looking for someone that loves to solve sophisticated technical challenges, build wonderful products, and run creative teams.
You will work alongside product, design, marketing, and business leaders to take our product from concept to early stages of go-to-market. You will also be responsible for continuing to grow and support our engineering teams, ensuring that they are happy and organized to get results.What you’ll be doing
- Leading, growing and developing an engineering organization that delivers outstanding and desirable consumer products. Building, building, building. . .and then getting it out to folks
- Contributing to the overall vision of our group, guiding the long-term strategy for Unity's ambitions in the Consumer space
- Working with Unity’s executive team to convey engineering vision and progress throughout Unity and the industry at-large
- Writing some code, reviewing product, sticking sticky notes, and generally having a blast inventing new products
- Experience in building consumer-facing applications or services, preferably in video games, entertainment, and/or community applications
- Experience with C#, Unity, and/or Go
- Experience with Android, PC/Mac, iOS platforms (consoles is definitely a plus including Xbox, PS4/5, Nintendo)
- Management and leadership experience: working cross-functionally, motivating teams, hiring, and strategic planning
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.