Senior Engineering Manager, Enterprise at TripActions
At TripActions, “It’s all about the user. All of them.” We’re passionate about providing a seamless one-stop experience for business travelers, no matter how they travel, where they stay, or where they’re going.
We’re hiring an engineering manager to run the first team in our new TripActions San Francisco engineering office. You’ll build the new Enterprise Team, one of the most strategically important initiatives for the company. You’ll work on projects with the largest scale for our biggest customers. You’ll have a key role in setting a positive vision & culture for your team and the engineering office. You will collaborate with your engineers to guide them to innovative & creative solutions as they raise the bar for the industry. This is not a good fit for managers who just want to “do the obvious thing” or make products that are “good enough”.
As a Senior Engineering Manager at TripActions, you will:
- Collaborate with your Product Manager, Designer, and other product stakeholders to spend as much time as possible on innovation -- not maintenance, legacy system support, or mundane table stakes features.
- Drive company-wide initiatives on some combination of software architecture, testing infrastructure, reliability, and/or software design.
- Tackle increasingly bigger and more complex challenges as the company grows and you do the best work of your career so far.
This position is based out of San Francisco, CA.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3 or more years of experience building high performing team of engineers
- Strong leadership skills to get things done by challenging the status quo in a fast-moving, rapidly changing environment
- Proven experience scaling teams through hiring and coaching
- Strong technical background in at least one domain with ability to make long-term architectural choices and trade-offs.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills working with stakeholders and domain experts across the company to design solutions to user problems
- Experience managing multiple teams.
- Prior experience working at startups and/or on consumer-facing products
- About TripActions